Chapter 26(小王子与蛇的对话)

Chapter 26(小王子与蛇的对话)

the little prince converses with the snake;

小王子与蛇交谈; —

the little prince consoles the narrator;

小王子安慰叙述者。 —

the little prince returns to his planet Beside the well there was the ruin of an old stone wall.

小王子返回了他的星球。在井旁边有一堵老石墙的废墟。 —

When I came back from my work, the next evening, I saw from some distance away my little price sitting on top of a wall, with his feet dangling.

当我第二天晚上下班回来时,我从远处看到我的小王子坐在墙顶上,脚悬空着。 —

And I heard him say: “Then you don’t remember.

我听到他说:“那你不记得了。” —

This is not the exact spot.” Another voice must have answered him, for he replied to it:

另一个声音肯定回答了他,因为他回答说:“是的,是的!这并不是那个地方。”我继续朝着墙走去。 —

“Yes, yes!

It is the right day, but this is not the place.” I continued my walk toward the wall.

但我始终没有看见或听到任何人。然而,小王子又一次回答说:“–完全正确。” —

At no time did I see or hear anyone.

这里是正确的时间, —

The little prince, however, replied once again: “–Exactly.

但这不是正确的地方。” —

You will see where my track begins, in the sand.

你会看到我的足迹从沙地上开始, —

You have nothing to do but wait for me there.

你只需在那里等待我。 —

I shall be there tonight.” I was only twenty metres from the wall, and I still saw nothing.

我会在今晚到达那里。”我离墙只有二十米远,但仍然没有看到任何东西。 —

After a silence the little prince spoke again:

沉默片刻,小王子又开口了: —

“You have good poison?

“你有强力毒药吗? —

You are sure that it will not make me suffer too long?” I stopped in my tracks, my heart torn asunder;

你确定它不会让我太长时间地痛苦吗?”我停下脚步,内心被撕裂成两半; —

but still I did not understand. “Now go away,” said the little prince.

但我仍然不明白。“现在走开,”小王子说, —

“I want to get down from the wall.” I dropped my eyes, then, to the foot of the wall– and I leaped into the air.

“我想从墙上下来。”随后我低头看向墙脚——我跳了起来。 —

There before me, facing the little prince, was one of those yellow snakes that take just thirty seconds to bring your life to an end.

在我面前,面对着小王子,站着的是一条黄蛇,仅需三十秒便能结束你的生命。 —

Even as I was digging into my pocked to get out my revolver I made a running step back.

我正将手伸进口袋拿出手枪,同时往后迈出一步。 —

But, at the noise I made, the snake let himself flow easily across the sand like the dying spray of a fountain, and, in no apparent hurry, disappeared, with a light metallic sound, among the stones.

然而,在我发出声响的同时,蛇像喷泉的消散水滴一样,流动地穿过沙地,毫不慌乱,并发出轻微的金属声音,消失在石头间。 —

I reached the wall just in time to catch my little man in my arms;

我及时赶到墙边,抱住了我的小男孩; —

his face was white as snow.

他的脸苍白如雪。 —

“What does this mean?” I demanded.

我责问:“这是什么意思? —

“Why are you talking with snakes?” I had loosened the golden muffler that he always wore.

你为什么和蛇说话?”我解下了他一直佩戴的金色围巾。 —

I had moistened his temples, and had given him some water to drink.

我润湿了他的太阳穴,给他喝了些水。 —

And now I did not dare ask him any more questions.

现在我不敢再问他任何问题了。 —

He looked at me very gravely, and put his arms around my neck.

他很严肃地看着我,抱住我的脖子。 —

I felt his heart beating like the heart of a dying bird, shot with someone’s rifle.

我感觉到他的心跳,像是一只被某人枪击的濒死鸟的心跳。 —

.. “I am glad that you have found what was the matter with your engine,” he said. “Now you can go back home–” “How do you know about that?” I was just coming to tell him that my work had been successful, beyond anything that I had dared to hope.

“我很高兴你找到了你发动机的问题,”他说道。” 现在你可以回家了–” “你怎么知道这件事?” 我刚要告诉他,我的工作已经成功了,超出了我敢希望的一切。 —

He made no answer to my question, but he added:

他没有回答我的问题,但他补充道: —

“I, too, am going back home today…” Then, sadly– “It is much farther.

“我也要回家了…然后,他悲伤地说道–“那里离得更远. —

.. it is much more difficult.

..更加困难。 —

..” I realised clearly that something extraordinary was happening.

“我清楚地意识到,一些非同寻常的事情正在发生。 —

I was holding him close in my arms as if he were a little child;

我把他紧紧地抱在怀里,就像对待一个小孩子一样; —

and yet it seemed to me that he was rushing headlong toward an abyss from which I could do nothing to restrain him.

然而我觉得他正向一个我无法阻止的深渊冲去。 —

.. His look was very serious, like some one lost far away. “I have your sheep.

他的表情非常严肃,就像迷失在遥远的地方一样。“我有你的绵羊。 —

And I have the sheep’s box.

我有绵羊的箱子。 —

And I have the muzzle.

我有绵羊的口罩。 —

..” And he gave me a sad smile.

“他对我微笑了一下, —

I waited a long time.

带着悲伤。我等了很长时间。 —

I could see that he was reviving little by little.

我可以看出他正在逐渐恢复。 —

“Dear little man,” I said to him, “you are afraid.

“亲爱的小人,”我对他说,“你害怕。 —

..” He was afraid, there was no doubt about that.

“他害怕,毫无疑问。 —

But he laughed lightly.

但他轻松地笑了。 —

“I shall be much more afraid this evening.

“今晚我会更加害怕。 —

..” Once again I felt myself frozen by the sense of something irreparable.

“我再次感到自己被一种无法弥补的感觉所冻结。 —

And I knew that I could not bear the thought of never hearing that laughter any more.

我知道我无法忍受再也听不到那种笑声的想法。对我来说, —

For me, it was like a spring of fresh water in the desert.

那就像沙漠中的一泓清泉。 —

“Little man,” I said, “I want to hear you laugh again.” But he said to me: “Tonight, it will be a year.

“小朋友,”我说,“我想再听到你笑声。”但他对我说:“今天晚上,已经是一年了。” —

.. my star, then, can be found right above the place where I came to the Earth, a year ago.

然后,我的星星就会出现在我来到地球的地方上方,一年前的地方。 —

..” “Little man,” I said, “tell me that it is only a bad dream– this affair of the snake, and the meeting-place, and the star.

“小朋友,”我说,“告诉我这只蛇和见面地点以及星星只是一个恶梦,只是一个恶梦吧。” —

..” But he did not answer my plea.

但他没有回答我的请求。 —

He said to me, instead:

相反,他对我说: —

“The thing that is important is the thing that is not seen.

“重要的是看不见的东西……” “是的, —

..” “Yes, I know…” “It is just as it is with the flower.

我知道……” “就像花朵一样。 —

If you love a flower that lives on a star, it is sweet to look at the sky at night.

如果你爱上了一个生长在星星上的花朵,晚上看着天空是多么美好。 —

All the stars are a-bloom with flowers…” “Yes, I know…” “It is just as it is with the water.

所有的星星都开满了花朵……” “是的,我知道……” “就像水一样。 —

Because of the pulley, and the rope, what you gave me to drink was like music.

因为滑轮和绳子,你给我的饮料就像音乐一样好听。 —

You remember– how good it was.” “Yes, I know.

你记得吗,多么美味。” “是的, —

..” “And at night you will look up at the stars.

我知道……” “而且晚上你还会抬头看星星。 —

Where I live everything is so small that I cannot show you where my star is to be found.

我的家乡一切都很小,我无法告诉你我的星星在哪里。 —

It is better, like that.

这样更好。 —

My star will just be one of the stars, for you.

我的星星只会成为你的其中一颗星星。 —

And so you will love to watch all the stars in the heavens.

这样你会喜欢看天上所有的星星。 —

.. they will all be your friends. And, besides, I am going to make you a present.

它们都将成为你的朋友。而且,我将给你一份礼物。 —

..” He laughed again. “Ah, little prince, dear little prince! I love to hear that laughter!” “That is my present.

…他再次笑了起来。“啊,小王子,亲爱的小王子!我很喜欢听到你的笑声!”“那就是我的礼物。 —

Just that.

仅此而已。 —

It will be as it was when we drank the water.

它将会像我们喝水时一样……”“你想说什么? —

..” “What are you trying to say?” “All men have the stars,” he answered, “but they are not the same things for different people.

”“所有人都拥有星星,”他回答,“但对不同的人来说,它们代表的意义不同。 —

For some, who are travelers, the stars are guides.

对于一些旅行者来说,星星是导航的标志。 —

For others they are no more than little lights in the sky.

对于其他人,它们只是天空中的小点亮。 —

For others, who are scholars, they are problems .

对于学者来说,它们是问题。 —

For my businessman they were wealth.

对于商人来说,它们是财富。 —

But all these stars are silent.

但所有这些星星都是沉默的。 —

You– you alone– will have the stars as no one else has them–” “What are you trying to say?” “In one of the stars I shall be living.

你,只有你,将拥有独特的星星——没有其他人能拥有它们——”“你想说什么?”“在其中一颗星星上,我将生活着。 —

In one of them I shall be laughing.

在其中一颗星星上,我将笑着。 —

And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing, when you look at the sky at night.

所以当你夜晚仰望星空时,就好像所有的星星都在笑。 —

.. you– only you– will have stars that can laugh!” And he laughed again.

..只有你–只有你–会拥有会笑的星星!他又笑了起来。 —

“And when your sorrow is comforted (time soothes all sorrows) you will be content that you have known me.

“当你的悲伤得到安慰(时间会抚慰一切悲伤)时,你将会满足于曾经认识我。 —

You will always be my friend.

你会永远是我的朋友。 —

You will want to laugh with me.

你会想和我一起笑。 —

And you will sometimes open your window, so, for that pleasure.

你有时候会打开窗户,为了那份快乐。 —

.. and your friends will be properly astonished to see you laughing as you look up at the sky!

..而你的朋友们会非常吃惊地看着你笑着仰望着天空! —

Then you will say to them, ‘Yes, the stars always make me laugh!’ And they will think you are crazy.

然后你会对他们说,‘是的,星星总让我笑!’他们会认为你疯了。 —

It will be a very shabby trick that I shall have played on you.

这将是我对你玩的一个非常卑劣的把戏. —

..” And he laughed again.

..”他又笑了起来。 —

“It will be as if, in place of the stars, I had given you a great number of little bells that knew how to laugh.

“这就好像,我给了你很多会笑的小铃铛代替了星星. —

..” And he laughed again.

..“他又笑了起来。 —

Then he quickly became serious:

然后他很快变得认真起来: —

“Tonight– you know… do not come,” said the little prince.

“今晚–你知道…别来了,”小王子说。 —

“I shall not leave you,” I said.

“我不会离开你的,”我说。 —

“I shall look as if I were suffering.

“我会表现得像是在受苦。 —

I shall look a little as if I were dying.

我会看起来像是快死了。 —

It is like that.

就像这样。 —

Do not come to see that.

别来看我。 —

It is not worth the trouble.

不值得麻烦. —

..” “I shall not leave you.” But he was worried.

..” “我不会离开你的。” 但他很担心。 —

“I tell you– it is also because of the snake.

“我告诉你——也是因为那条蛇。 —

He must not bite you.

它不能咬到你。 —

Snakes– they are malicious creatures.

蛇——它们是恶意的生物。 —

This one might bite you just for fun.

这种蛇可能只是为了好玩而咬你. —

..” “I shall not leave you.” But a thought came to reassure him:

..” “我不会离开你的。” 但一个想法让他安心了起来: —

“It is true that they have no more poison for a second bite.” That night I did not see him set out on his way.

“确实,它们没有多余的毒液来进行第二次咬伤。”那天晚上,我没有看到他默默地启程。 —

He got away from me without making a sound.

他悄无声息地离开了我。 —

When I succeeded in catching up with him he was walking along with a quick and resolute step.

当我成功追上他时,他步伐迅速而坚决。他只对我说了一句话:“啊!你在这儿. —

He said to me merely: “Ah!

..” 然而他仍然担心。 —

You are there…” And he took me by the hand. But he was still worrying.

“你来是不对的。你会受苦。我会假装死去;但那将不是真的。 —

“It was wrong of you to come. You will suffer.

..” 我没有说话。“你懂的. —

I shall look as if I were dead;

.. 这太远了。我不能带着这具身体走。 —

and that will not be true.

” —

..” I said nothing. “You understand.

..” 我没有说话。“你懂的. —

.. it is too far. I cannot carry this body with me.

.. 这太远了。我不能带着这具身体走。” —

It is too heavy.” I said nothing.

“太重了。”我什么也不说。 —

“But it will be like an old abandoned shell.

“但它会像一只老掉了渣的贝壳一样。 —

There is nothing sad about old shells.

老掉了渣的贝壳没有什么可悲的。 —

..” I said nothing. He was a little discouraged.

“。。”我什么也不说。他有点泄气。 —

But he made one more effort:

但他又作出了最后的努力: —

“You know, it will be very nice. I, too, shall look at the stars.

“你知道,那会很美。我也会看星星。 —

All the stars will be wells with a rusty pulley.

所有的星星会变成带有生锈滑轮的井。 —

All the stars will pour out fresh water for me to drink.

所有的星星都会倾泻出清新的水供我饮用…”我什么也不说。 —

..” I said nothing.

“That will be so amusing!

“那会很有趣! —

You will have five hundred million little bells, and I shall have five hundred million springs of fresh water.

你将拥有五亿个小铃铛,而我将拥有五亿个清泉。 —

..” And he too said nothing more, because he was crying.

“。。”他也再没说什么了,因为他在哭泣。。 —

.. “Here it is.

“就在这里。 —

Let me go on by myself.” And he sat down, because he was afraid.

让我自己去吧。”他坐下来,因为害怕。 —

Then he said, again:

然后他又说: —

“You know– my flower… I am responsible for her.

“你知道——我的花儿…我要对她负责。 —

And she is so weak! She is so naive!

而她是如此脆弱!她是如此天真! —

She has four thorns, of no use at all, to protect herself against all the world.

“她有四根毫无用处的刺,以保护自己免受整个世界的伤害。 —

..” I too sat down, because I was not able to stand up any longer.

“。。”我也坐了下来,因为我再也站不起来了。“现在, —

“There now– that is all.

就是这样了。” —

..” He still hesitated a little; then he got up.

他仍有些犹豫;然后他站了起来。 —

He took one step. I could not move.

他迈出了一步。我无法移动。 —

There was nothing but a flash of yellow close to his ankle.

他脚踝附近只有一道黄色的闪光。 —

He remained motionless for an instant.

他停顿了片刻,一动不动。 —

He did not cry out. He fell as gently as a tree falls.

他没有叫出声来。他像一棵树一样轻轻倒下。 —

There was not even any sound, because of the sand.

因为沙子的缘故,甚至没有任何声音。

相关推荐

足球365官网是哪个 1.16.5FORGE端单人游戏延迟过大

1.16.5FORGE端单人游戏延迟过大

📅 07-10 👁️ 5490
365比分官网 召唤与合成 暗码

召唤与合成 暗码

📅 07-02 👁️ 4239